× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIGHTHAWK8000

QBROWN
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK8000

My extender is broadcasting NETGEAR_EXT_2G and NETGEAR_EXT_5G; NOT NETGEAR_EXT and neither of thoese 2 work.  I have previsously installed the extender fine, but had to reset it to factory when I had a problem with my internet signal.  Please help me.  Thank you,

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What router are you connecting it to? 

firmware on the extender?

Have you tried a simple factory reset and reinstall? 

You realize the EX8000 is a mesh extender and can use the same ssid as your router? That way you don't have multiple networks broadcasting?

Message 2 of 4
QBROWN
Aspirant

I am connecting to a Router in my building. Your questions or comments did not help me.  When I try to set up the device, per the instructions, NETGEAR_ EXT doe not come up.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Your repy didn't answer much of for questions either. 

What router are you connecting it to? 

Firmware on the extender? 

Did you set it up using wps?

If you set it up using wps, you wont' see   ******_ext  because the EX8000 default setups up in mesh mode. Mesh mode uses the same ssid as the router and lets devices roam between router-----extender by their own roaming protocol. 

If thats not how you're attempting setup, have you tried hardwiring into the extender and setting it up? Maybe it was setup prior and the default ssid was changed. That's where a factory reset would help. 

The support site even has some great setup videos of wps and the installation assistant. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX8000.aspx

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7