× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NIghtHawk EX7000

JCoco06178
Aspirant

NIghtHawk EX7000

HI i've had this NightHawk Ex7000 since Novmber to extend my wifi in my other bedroom & my living room is right underneath the bedroom and it was working just fine all this time but now my roku in the living room says not connected and my iphone cant seem to find the 2.4G but the 5G comes up the only way ive been able to get the 2.4 to work again is if i power off the NightHawk & turn it on again then it works again till the next day then its the same problem again. I ve checked to make sure that its been updated with all the new updates & everything, I check My router and the signal strength and everything is excellent, Please let me know if anyone knows how to fix this?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
ronnymac32
Guide

That stinks. So the 2.4ghz band just drops? And nothing can connect to it? Have you tried swapping the wifi channel? I find using Netgear's Wifi Analytics app on the phone quite useful. You can see which channel has least interferance and try that?

Update: I found this while I was digging for my beamforming issue..

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX6200-drops-2-4GHZ-connection-every...

Seems like it's a common issue you're having. I'd try some channel swapping, maybe using a static IP, or messing with the Fastlane settings. Right now I have an issue with trying to turn off beamforming. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 3
JCoco06178
Aspirant

Yes it wont show up on any phone , computer , tablet , roku the only the one desktop thats connected to the extender dircetly works with the 2.4G but the wifi part doesnt work the only way i found that it comes back is if i power it off & on its set on auto for that channels i try what you said i really dont know much and extender channels and how is works.  

Thanks for the help

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7