× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NON STOP REGISTRATION REQUEST FOR MY EXTENDER

darrstar66
Aspirant

NON STOP REGISTRATION REQUEST FOR MY EXTENDER

Seems like setup never finishes and the extender has immediate connection problems. This extender has never worked properly and it is becoming very irratating. I have always used netgear in the past but this equipment seems cheap and the software doesnt have enough options. i am really rethinking my choice here. this begging for registration and extended warranty is a real cheap shot to customers. I hope i dont sound like an a-hole, but I am very frustrated. 

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: NON STOP REGISTRATION REQUEST FOR MY EXTENDER

@darrstar66 wrote:

Seems like setup never finishes and the extender has immediate connection problems. This extender has never worked properly and it is becoming very irratating.

Firmware version? Note: The "new" 1.0.1.78 Mesh-Feature-Version (out for 10 months!) is cumbersome, you should revert to EX7000 Firmware Version 1.0.0.66, factory reset, and reconfigure from scratch.

Extender or AP mode?

Extender in FastLane or normal dual-band?

What does the EX7000 status page show - screenshots please ... 

- while connected?

- when connection to the Internet is lost?

What are the front panel LED showing, specifically (top-down)

- 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED
- 5 GHz Link Rate LED
- Device to Extender LED

@darrstar66 wrote:

I have always used netgear in the past but this equipment seems cheap and the software doesnt have enough options.

What does make the impression the product is cheap?

What features (options) are missing in your opinion?

@darrstar66 wrote:

i am really rethinking my choice here. this begging for registration and extended warranty is a real cheap shot to customers.

If the extender isn't able to establish or retain an Internet connection, one might experience that the product registration does fail, and is re-called on every new connection or login attempt.

Message 2 of 3
darrstar66
Aspirant

Re: NON STOP REGISTRATION REQUEST FOR MY EXTENDER

Went with the first suggestion, stepped back the firmware and it seems to be working acceptable. I have unplug it two or three times a week. Thanks for the info, I would never had figured it out.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7