× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Design Help

OBXGlenn
Follower

Need Design Help

Hi,

I live on a property with a main house and 4 metal sided "huts" about 100 feet away. The cable modem is in the house I currently have a NetGear N600 in the house that delivers a good signal within the house but a weak signal to two of the huts and no signal to the other two huts. I've been using Open-Mesh routers, but they no longer work with my internet provider.

Option 1: Is there a way to tell what the signal strength the various NetGear routers have? I see some, like the WAG102, lists its signal strength, but I can't find that info for the N600 I have, so I can't tell how much stronger it is. What is the most powerful WAP that NetGear has?

Option 2: Is it possible to deploy two WAPs (one in the house, one in a hut) that are connected either via a CAT-5 cable or connected wirelessly? Can the two devices act as WAPs as well as connect to each other? It is not possible to put a single WAP between the buildings as the salt air would destroy it.

Thanks,

Glenn
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Need Design Help

look at enginus products. google it.

run CAT 5 then two WG AP since it will reduce the throughput. enginus products is stronger on output and also external antenna capable

http://www.engeniustech.com/business-networking/indoor-access-points-client-bridges/285-wireless-n-a...
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7