× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need a device to connect via ethernet to existing router to extend wifi & keep same SSID & password

theDaviator
Follower

Need a device to connect via ethernet to existing router to extend wifi & keep same SSID & password

I'm looking for what I think is a wired repeater. I want to use ONE SSID and password from my main router and then have the ability to access it via wifi to other ethernet connected access points throughout the house.

Untitled-2.jpg

Message 1 of 2
jkernitzki
Aspirant

Re: Need a device to connect via ethernet to existing router to extend wifi & keep same SSID &a

By the description, you're looking for a wireless access point. However, you can use an extender if your needs aren't terribly intensive (like high-bandwidth torrenting and such). I've got a Netgear N300 that connects wirelessly to my router, uses the same SSID and password, and also has an Ethernet port to connect to a switch for those devices that prefer a wired connection.

I do Netflix binging and iTunes movie rentals on an AppleTV with no issues using this method. I'm on Cox Premier (150/10) in the Phoenix area.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7