× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need extender recommendations

GaWd
Luminary

Need extender recommendations

Hello All,

I have an EX2700 and frankly, it sucks. It needs to be manually power-cycled roughly once per day in order to keep my devices online, and the main device on the EXT network is my Arlo system-I don't like thinking about the poorly-performing extender being my security system's connection to the internet.

So I need a good alternative. 

I have a Nighthawk R7900P as my router.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need extender recommendations

Have you made sure you have the latest firmware? also have you tried to adjust the wireless channel on the router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
GaWd
Luminary

Re: Need extender recommendations

Hi there,

I won't make any changes to the router, because I shouldn't have to. The router makes the best decision for the environment.

It does have the latest firmware as of 2 days ago, and now it needs a restart twice a day.

Netgear should provide better logging. If I knew the problem, I could solve for it. Without logs, it's shooting fish in a barrel and that's not the right way to handle this.

I returned the Netgear for a tp-link. That's a shame, because I was trying to remain brand-loyal - Arlo, nighthawk, extender, etc.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7