× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need info on extender or wireless router to bridge with AT&T- Model 5268AC modem/router

Cissie
Follower

Need info on extender or wireless router to bridge with AT&T- Model 5268AC modem/router

Hello, I have a AT&T PACE ARRIS Model 5268AC as my WiFi Modem/Router (we have fiber optic) , I want to add a couple of Range Extenders or wireless routers for online TV streaming. My problem is "compatibility". I'm not very savvy on this, but I've read some of the reviews from others who have complained that they've purchased something and it's not been successful. So I'm hoping to find someone who has some information on the successful bridging of both the 5268AC with either the extender or the router. I am also concerned regarding the cost. I am looking for something reasonable and reliable. OS is Windows 10 if that helps any. Also, if it's possible, instructions on how to bridge them or where to find this information. I wish to THANK the person or people who respond to my inquiry in advance. Thank You, kindly. 

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need info on extender or wireless router to bridge with AT&T- Model 5268AC modem/router

Hi @Cissie,

Welcome to the community!

The device that you have is already a modem-router combo, so you will most likely no longer need another wireless router since that will only complicate things unless you want to setup an entirely separate network and/or prefer the flexibility of a router that can be configured as an access point only. A regular extender should do just fine with what you have described. This allows your devices to be under the same network and may save you on cost.

Here is the link for the NETGEAR extenders.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7