× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need recommendation...BEST WIFI EXTENDER for use with NightHawk R7000 using the 5Ghz

d7D777
Follower

Need recommendation...BEST WIFI EXTENDER for use with NightHawk R7000 using the 5Ghz

I am in need of recommendation for a WIF Extender for my NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000). In particular.... I am in need of something that takes advantange of the wireless 5Ghz connection I currently use from my home fiber internet.

It is for home office desktop use.... needing the best reliable connection for video editing without breaking the bank $$$.

Thanks

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Need recommendation...BEST WIFI EXTENDER for use with NightHawk R7000 using the 5Ghz

@d7D777 wrote:

I am in need of recommendation for a WIF Extender for my NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000). In particular.... I am in need of something that takes advantange of the wireless 5Ghz connection I currently use from my home fiber internet.

It is for home office desktop use.... needing the best reliable connection for video editing without breaking the bank $$$.

Thanks

that's your key right there. You can go to the netgear extenders section

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/

and narrow it based on technology you want. like 5ghz wireless ac1900. it'll narrow it to the devices that support that spec. Then you can pick from there. You asked about the best and I could say the EX8000 but if its outside of your budget, it doesn't do much good. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7