× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need to change settings and factory reset is not working

KABL
Tutor

Need to change settings and factory reset is not working

Hi, I have an EX6100 extender. We changed the WEP password on our router and now can’t get throughput on the 6100. When I do a factory reset it doesn’t work--the old network names (for 2G and 5G) still show up, and no matter what I’ve tried there is no throughput, and I can't access the device via Netgear. How do I properly reset and start over? Thanks!!

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 9
netwrks
Master

Re: Need to change settings and factory reset is not working

The manual for your Extender can be found here.

Message 2 of 9
KABL
Tutor

Hi, I have the manual and have followed all of the instructions. I have reset several times, I have "forgotten" the old networks, etc. nothing is working.

Message 3 of 9
netwrks
Master

Did you change the SSID names and a factory reset isn't clearing it? Or, do you see the Netgear_ext SSID's? 

Message 4 of 9
KABL
Tutor

I think both. I see the old Netgear_ext SSID's, and the factory reset isn't clearing them. Problem started when I changed the WEP password on the router. I can't seem to access the device online to change settings, so am looking to reset and start with new Network SSID's and passwords.

Message 5 of 9
netwrks
Master

The Netgear SSID's are the default SSID's.. The extender box that it came with, would tell you exactly what the default SSID's are.  Take the extender off the network and run the Smart setup - Page 16 - 17.

Message 6 of 9
KABL
Tutor

Thanks for helping! I don't have the box as the item is a year old. When I try to find the network, all I have available are the old network names, and I can't access them because the password no longer works. Therefore I'm not able to get to the mywifi.net site to make any changes. After a factory reset, the defaul networks should appear in my network options, but they don't.

Message 7 of 9
cropie
Initiate

I'm having the same issue. I moved and have a new internet service provider. I've tried using factory reset many times, but it doesn't work, the old extender networks associated with my old internet still show up, not the defaults.

Model: WN2500RPv2|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 8 of 9
airpixie
Initiate

I have the same problem and can't get it to reset for anything! I shouldn't have to go buy a brand new extender! 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7