× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need to contact customer support but showing my product has as "Invalid serial number"

Contifab5
Aspirant

Need to contact customer support but showing my product has as "Invalid serial number"

For starters , I guess it's not a good sign when your actual model number isn't even listed in the drop down menu....

Just registered my EX6100/AC750 Dual Band WIFI Range Extender after going through the entire setup process...step by step. SUCCESS! I unplug it and plug it into the next room so I can connect my IP phone for work & the light turns red! So I unplug everything & take the extender back in the other room & reconnect it to the router (Nighthawk AC1900). I try to log into mywifiext.com and it's saying the password I created is wrong. Yes, the one I just used 2 minutes ago. And yes I double checked spelling/capitalization. So, I try to contact support, but its asking for the serial #. I enter the SN and it says "Please enter a valid serial number". OMG, I'm loosing my patience! Please help. Thank you.

Model: EX6000|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender,EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need to contact customer support but showing my product has as "Invalid serial number"

Hello cotifab5

You will want to factory reset the unit by holding the reset button for 10 seconds on the device then it should let you try the setup again with the default login of admin/password.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Need to contact customer support but showing my product has as "Invalid serial number"

Hello cotifab5

You will want to factory reset the unit by holding the reset button for 10 seconds on the device then it should let you try the setup again with the default login of admin/password.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7