× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear Wi-Fi Extender keeps losing internet connectivity on the 2.4ghz network only

davidmilbs
Aspirant

NetGear Wi-Fi Extender keeps losing internet connectivity on the 2.4ghz network only

I am hoping someone in the community can assist.  I have a leased Xfinity Router that connects to the Internet.  4 years ago I purchased a NetGear EX6100 AC750 WiFi Range Extender to get a better signal upstairs in my home.  I recently purchased an iSmart home alarm system which requires a 2.4ghz network for connectivity.

The 2.4ghz network in the Extender constantly drops the Internet connection.  I can connect, but not get out to the Internet.  I am at the latest firmware version of  v1.0.2.24_1.1.134.  Is there anything I can tweak to fix this issue or should I just do a factory reset and re-configure the device?  

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: NetGear Wi-Fi Extender keeps losing internet connectivity on the 2.4ghz network only

What color is the router LED on the EX6100?

Message 2 of 4
davidmilbs
Aspirant

Re: NetGear Wi-Fi Extender keeps losing internet connectivity on the 2.4ghz network only

It is green when the issue occurs

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Maybe you should try reseting the extender and setting it up from scratch then.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7