× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear 3000rp states signal is excellent, but loses connection.

d_e_s
Follower

Netgear 3000rp states signal is excellent, but loses connection.

This issue happens frequently: I am linked up to a network and without any conditions changing, nothing being moved on the extender or my computer, I no longer have a connection to the internet. I then reload the page and am told additional login information may be required and for some reason it cannot find the internet connection I was previously on. The extender just kicked me off and will simply not allow me access to regain my connection. Any thoughts on what causes this or what more I can do to maintain the connection? I know the signal and network don't just disappear!! NOTE: The next day I am able to find and connect to the above mentioned network and sometimes it stays connected, but most of the time not!

Model: WN3000RPv2|N300 WIFI Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear 3000rp states signal is excellent, but loses connection.

Hello d_e_s

You can try to change the wireless channel on your router. Also make sure the router and extender are on the latest firmware.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Dash-
Aspirant

Re: Netgear 3000rp states signal is excellent, but loses connection.

I have similar issues.  The WN3000RPv2 will go along nicely for awhile, then internet gets slower, if I ping it, it starts dropping packet returns. Then it will drop carrier totally. I have done a factory reset six times in the last two weeks.  And at this point, it will drop signal (Red light even on the extender, sometimes.) to a Dell laptop, a Kindle Fire tablet, a HP Laptop running Ubuntu 16.04. My phone also will drop carrier, the others in the family don't know (or care) if their devices are on phone system, or wifi, as the devices will change automatically.  I have tried to get it to connect with 5Gz, but it will not see the ATT gateway @ 5gz.  I have replaced the gateway as standard issue from ATT, the extender is from ATT when the gateway was discovered to have a signal attenuation problem in the house. Currently, the WP3000 extender says it has 75-90% signal strength (compared to what, I don't know)  and I have it moved to the sofa in the living room.  The most stable (not 100% even, it will fail that, too) connection is through the ethernet cable.  At this point, what am I missing or any suggestions on settings?  I have changed channels multiple times, factory reset multiple times, changed as many things as I could. What else is there?  I am not helpless, but I do miss a few subtle things now and again. So a little suggestion would be helpful. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7