× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear 3700v2 Ethernet Ports Out

Netgear 3700v2 Ethernet Ports Out

I really hope it's not what I think it is. I have tried doing a simple reboot as well as a 2 minute power cycle and my ethernet ports are still out. We had a recent monsoon storm and I wasn't home but it is possible that the electricity went out during the storm and the modem-router is not connected to a surge protector at this time. I simply can't figure out why the ports aren't working. The wifi is working perfectly, both 2.5 and 5 are functioning as they should, only the ethernet is out. The ethernet light on the modem-router is off, not even orange. I think the ports be have shorted out but I'm really hoping I'm wrong and its a simple fix I haven't thought of yet.

If anyone has advice or recommendations, thanks in advance!

Model: WNDR3700v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

You could try reinstalling the firmware. If something was corrupted in the firmware that potentially could cause that. 

so reinstall the firmrware (if you're able) then do a factory reset (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powerred on)

Message 2 of 5

unfortunately even in the admin login on the browser for the router itself, i can't find where its possible to reinstall the firmware. i purchased a new modem-router, AC1750, exact same problem, contacted my ISP and they claim they not only ran a diagnostic but that supposedly they didn't see a problem. I am contacting Netgear directly as recommended by my ISP but mostly to tell my ISP that I spoke with them. 

Message 3 of 5

Solution was found! Surprisingly my ISP was right this time (they've been wrong multiple times before and lack faith in them now) but through additional trouble shooting steps and ideas provided by Netgear's IT support. I completely blanked about the netgear ethernet hub i have connected to my network. It apears that may be the culprit, I'll buy a replacement tomorrow and test it out, if that resolves the issue, I will mark this response as the solution for my particular issue! 

For additional reference, I was so stressed that I also forgot that my usb-a to ethernet adapter isn't compatible with my macbook, so I assumed the ethernet ports were out. pulled out an old pc laptop with linux installed and that connected to the ethernet no problem, how I came to realize that the ethernet hub may be the cause of my current internet problems.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Eitherway, glad you got it fixed. if you mark your solution as solved, it might help the next person with that issue

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7