× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear 6120 connects through Ethernet but after a few minutes disconnects

Lowfat1
Aspirant

Netgear 6120 connects through Ethernet but after a few minutes disconnects

So I have set up the extender correctly and when I plug it into the wall the router and device light turn green and everything looks good. I’ll connect a Ethernet cable into my computer from it and it’ll connect and say connected with the router name ... but after a few minutes the router light turns off and the router name goes back to NETGEAR_EXT and says no internet. When I turn it back off and on again it just repeats the process. Just wondering what’s wrong before I have to get different extender. Thank you
Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear 6120 connects through Ethernet but after a few minutes disconnects

what router are you connecting it to? 

what firmware is on the extender?

Did you setup the extender using WPS or the installation assistant?

Message 2 of 4
Lowfat1
Aspirant

I router I have is the Fios G3100, and I connected the extender through the netgear installation assistance. I haven’t been able to update the firmware because I am unable to get to the page to do so, when I am able to get to the page it will say no internet and won’t let me update it.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

the g3100 is verizons mesh network. 

Are you using it as a mesh network? (does it have satellites)

If not, you can try disabling self organizing network on the router and try reinstalling the extender. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7