× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC 1200 can't see mywifiext.net

louisb
Follower

Netgear AC 1200 can't see mywifiext.net

I have successfully installed my Netgear AC 1200 range extender and I am able to cruise the internet through it.

However, I cannot get to mywifiext.net - it keeps on returning cannot load page - in other words it is not there.

I have tried accessing it as an ip address but this does not work either.

I have managed to access mywifiext to obtain the virtual MAC addresses so update my route ACL but since then, nothing.

Any ideas????

LouisB

Message 1 of 2
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear AC 1200 can't see mywifiext.net

When you try to access mywifiext.net are you sure your WiFi device is associated with the extender and not the base station? If the device is not associated with the extender then the extender will not intercept the DNS request. I would however expect the IP address to work, unless your router has allocated a different IP to the extender since you last checked. Have you tried just power cycling the extender (not factory reset)? If you power off the base station or shut down its wireless function, then try associating with the extender, do you gain access to the extender admin pages then?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7