× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC1200 (EX6110) Unable to connect to Extender after Extender is connected to WIFI Network

Karyn
Initiate

Netgear AC1200 (EX6110) Unable to connect to Extender after Extender is connected to WIFI Network

WIFI Range Extender has connected to the WiFi Network.  I can see the names of the new available networks.

HOWEVER, once i have found the network, I CANNOT connect to either of the new extender WIFI networks.  There are two new names  xx_2GEXT and xx_5GEXT on the list.  The quick install quide says to use the same WIFI password that you use for your WIFI Router.

It is NOT working.

Help

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear AC1200 (EX6110) Unable to connect to Extender after Extender is connected to WIFI Networ

Did you install it with wps? It doesn't always work as different manufacturers code differently. 

Try factory resetting the extender and then reinstalling using the installation wizard

Message 2 of 4
Karyn
Initiate

Re: Netgear AC1200 (EX6110) Unable to connect to Extender after Extender is connected to WIFI Networ

In my quickstart guide the words used are "installation assistant"  Is this the same as your reference "wizard"?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

yes
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7