× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC1900 Extender "Connected" but no Internet

dfarci
Follower

Netgear AC1900 Extender "Connected" but no Internet

Recently received a new modem and router from Spectrum after months of crappy service. So far the new models don't seem much different, but we have noticed an inability to connect to the internet through our Netgear wifi extender using multiple devices (phone, computer, smart TV, gaming console). 

For the first few days, some devices would connect, but others, like the TV, would simply say "connected" then instantly disconnect. This morning, I installed a firmware update on the Netgear extender, and I re-ran the "Smart Setup" multiple times to confirm connections. At one point, both 2.4 and 5g were showing connected, though I did not actually test them at this time. However, upon testing them an hour later and finding that the devices can connect, but receive no internet, I re-ran the Smart Setup again. Now, the 2.4g is highlighed green and appears to be connected but says "No Connection", and does not appear on the router's active devices, but the 5g is connected and shows that it should have internet. I just performed a factory reset on the extender and after completing the set-up again, it shows "connected" for everything but has no internet connectivity. 

Any tips? What do you need me to provide? 

I have not found any indication in the router settings that it is blocking the internet via extender, and like I said, it was working (at least a little bit) before the firmware update this morning. 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7