× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender

frostywhif
Follower

Netgear AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender

I purchased a Netgear AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender and got it installed successfully. It appeared to work correctly until recently when the Router Link LED was occasionally amber. I tried to troubleshoot through the NightHawk app, and it couldn't connect to the router. I tried all of the solutions I could find on the internet (rebooting everything, checking firmware updates) including resetting the router, and nothing has worked. I couldn't even get the NETGEAR_EXT wireless connection to show up anywhere (phone or computer) until I renamed the SSID to that in the mywifiext setup. Once I did that, I could see it in the listing, but on my computer I get the "can't connect...", and when I try to use the app on my phone, it tries to connect to the NETGEAR_EXT, but when it does that, the NETGEAR_EXT disconnects and there is no wireless connection, so the setup fails. I just really want it to work. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender

A couple things. 

1. don't use the app. 

2. factory reset the extender. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the extender is powered on

3. you can hardwire into the extender for setup. Do that. Don't use the app or WPS for setup. Use the installation assistant. 

what router are you connecting it to?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear AX1800 4-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender

A couple things. 

1. don't use the app. 

2. factory reset the extender. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while the extender is powered on

3. you can hardwire into the extender for setup. Do that. Don't use the app or WPS for setup. Use the installation assistant. 

what router are you connecting it to?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7