× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear C6250, looking for extender

Flojoann
Aspirant

Netgear C6250, looking for extender

I live in a Condo 1 floor 1186 square ft. I am not getting a good signal.

please advise what model extender I need to get.

thankYou

Mike

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Flojoann
Aspirant

I have in my bedroom which is on one end of condo.

walls are sheet rock over wood studs.

i think I am paying for 600.

i have the cable hooked up to it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the C6250 should cover 1186 sqft.

do you have it centrally placed? 

What are your interior walls made of? 

Is it 2.4ghz having issue, 5ghz? whats going on exactly? 

what speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get hardwired into the C6250

Message 2 of 9
Flojoann
Aspirant

I have in my bedroom which is on one end of condo.

i think I am paying for 600.

i have the cable hooked up to it.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Flojoann wrote:

I have in my bedroom which is on one end of condo.-----Try and centrally locate it to the middle of the condo. 

i think I am paying for 600.-----Its something to check

i have the cable hooked up to it.----and what speed to you get hardwired from it? 

A better description of whats going on helps. I'm not there to see anything or know what you're doing. 

Are you having issues on the opposite end of the condo with wired devices? 

Are these devices 2.4ghz/5ghz?

What are these devices? 

The more details you tell me, the more I understand and can help. When you're brief with your answers, I can't help much. 

Message 4 of 9
Flojoann
Aspirant

None of my devices are heard wired. I have a dell computer in the room next to the bed room, No issues. I have an Apple IPad and 2 I phones. When I am in the living room about 50 ft away I get a weak signal. I have the modem facing the living room and on top of an armoire which is about 5 ft about the floor. I am sorry I can't get more detailed. I don't know anything about this stuff. I just purchased it so I would not have to pay the cable company (Comcast) to rent there modem.

Mike

Message 5 of 9
Flojoann
Aspirant

All I am really looking for is a netgear model number for an extender that is compatible.

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Flojoann wrote:

None of my devices are heard wired. I have a dell computer in the room next to the bed room, No issues. I have an Apple IPad and 2 I phones. When I am in the living room about 50 ft away I get a weak signal. I have the modem facing the living room and on top of an armoire which is about 5 ft about the floor. I am sorry I can't get more detailed. I don't know anything about this stuff. I just purchased it so I would not have to pay the cable company (Comcast) to rent there modem.

Mike

Its tough to tell you whats going on without more info/testing.

Potential to move a laptop/desktop into the bedroom to hardwire in for speed test? 

Or potential to move the C6250 to be centrally located? 

Your "weak signal" what speed to you get on your devices? (you can install speedtest app to test with)

What are these devices? a 2.4ghz device is going to have more interference than a 5ghz device

Message 7 of 9
plemans
Guru

@Flojoann wrote:

All I am really looking for is a netgear model number for an extender that is compatible.

all the netgear extenders are compatible. I'd go to the extender page and just look for a dual band extender and sort by the features you want.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/default.aspx

Message 8 of 9
Flojoann
Aspirant

Thank You very much.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7