× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear EX2700 Extender - Download Speed Very Slow Upload Speed Normal

robjv1
Follower

Netgear EX2700 Extender - Download Speed Very Slow Upload Speed Normal

Have the router, my computer and the extender within about 5 feet of each other.  Upgraded the extender firmware and set up the extender.

Connecting via my PC (also tried using my phone and tablet in the the same room, similar results) for speed tests.

Getting 90 Mbps down / 6 Mbps up when connecting to my normal WIFI network on a channel with low-traffic channel (tried several) over wireless.  Getting 12/Mbps down / 6Mbps up on wireless on the extender.  So roughly an 87% drop in download speed, when I was expecting closer to 50%.  Solid green indicators on the extender.

Tried moving the extender around to different outlets and 12Mbps is my top speed, it's downhill from there the farther I move it away from the router/modem.  The router/modem is an XFinity TG1682G.

Any suggestions of other things to try?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear EX2700 Extender - Download Speed Very Slow Upload Speed Normal

Hello robjv1

Try to change the wireless channel on your router and see if the speeds improve if not try another channel until you see improvement.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7