× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear EX2700 Poor Signal issues

TonyFG1971
Aspirant

Netgear EX2700 Poor Signal issues

Hi,
I’ve connected my Booster to my Router in my Lounge (Ethernet 100mb Internet) & home Network, with the Booster plugged in the my Sons bedroom (in same floor, as live in a Flat) so he can play online games with his friends, but the signal strength isn’t good enough so not happy . HELP pls.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers,
Tony
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the WiFi Extender products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with WiFi Extender products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4

@TonyFG1971 wrote:
Hi,
I’ve connected my Booster to my Router in my Lounge (Ethernet 100mb Internet) & home Network

What is that router?

Is he using wifi or plugging into the Ethernet port on the EX2700?

You might find that Powerline Ethernet is more reliable.

Message 3 of 4
TonyFG1971
Aspirant

Thank you.

I have a Virgin Hub 3 Router (Arris Group).

Can I check that if my Router is in my Lounge & Booster in a Bedroom that it would be better to connect a cable from the Booster to my PS4 to improve the speed?

Also, do Wi-Fi channels make a difference, as I’ve got everything set up auto channel optimise?
This however doesn’t allow me to specify 2.4G instead of 5G which I believe is better when further away?

Thanks,
Tony
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7