× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear EX2700 extender connected via ethernet, but saying I'm not connected on the Netgear Homepage

jamielasagna
Aspirant

Netgear EX2700 extender connected via ethernet, but saying I'm not connected on the Netgear Homepage

Title is pretty self-explanatory, my PC is connected to the Extender via Ethernet, but whenever I attempt to go to the Extender's homepage, the website says that I am not connected to the Extender's WiFi network. I've checked to see if I am connected to any other networks and I am not. I can't connect the Extender to any other networks due to the inability to change networks on the homepage. Any help would be appreciated.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear EX2700 extender connected via ethernet, but saying I'm not connected on the Netgear Home

Are you able to access it using its ip address? NOT using the mywifiext . net

You can find its ip address in the routers attached devices page (or equivelent)

Message 2 of 4
jamielasagna
Aspirant

Re: Netgear EX2700 extender connected via ethernet, but saying I'm not connected on the Netgear Home

Both 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 time out whenever I try and search them.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

those are router ip addresses, not extender. 

what router do you have? 

if you open a command prompt on your computer, type ipconfig,  the default ip address should be the address for the router. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7