× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear EX6200 Limited connection using WPA2-AES

JMACM
Follower

Netgear EX6200 Limited connection using WPA2-AES

Sorry to bother anyone reading, but I am in desperate need of help and I'm not particularly tech savvy whatsoever...

I recently bought a Netgear EX6200 as a wifi-extender and I've been trying to set it up doing various things- setting up a static IP address, etc. I finally managed to get it working without using any password encryption. Once I was finally certain it was good to go, I went into the wifi settings and set a WPA2-AES password→ tried to reconnect it→ gave me limited connectivity again (as it had been for the past few hours). My modem has a WPA2-AES password as well and as far as I'm concerned it has the most recent firmware installed too.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to get really tired trying to fix this and not getting results...

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear EX6200 Limited connection using WPA2

Hello JmacM

Is your extenders SSID different from your main router? you do not want them to be the same it could cause those type of issues. also have your tried to tell your devices to forget the wireless network of the extender and then try to reconnect.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7