× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear EX7000 won't allow traffic through

dmonty
Aspirant

Netgear EX7000 won't allow traffic through

I have an Allworx IP business phone physically plugged in to the EX7000. It's been working fine for an entire year until last week when I upgraded my comcast modem to xfinity.  I have rebooted everything several times. The phone is getting an IP from the EX7000, meaning it's connected that far, but has no outgoing connection. I figured a port blocked on xfinity but it works when I plug it directly to the xfinity modem. Note that my computer is wirelessly connected to the EX7000 and it gets internet connection. Something in the EX7000 is blocking outgoing traffic on the phone that is physically plugged in. What's blocking it?

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear EX7000 won't allow traffic through

try to open the needed ports for the phone using the Ip address of the extender.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
dmonty
Aspirant

I have no idea what ports need to be open to allow allworx traffic through. It worked before the new xfinity modem. 

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You may be able to do a google search for port forwarding for allworx and see if any articles come back from there web site or others having issues with that phone system.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
dmonty
Aspirant

Actually, I ended up resetting it to factory settings and reconnecting it to xfinity. That worked. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7