× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear EX7300 Questions

MichealRT
Initiate

Netgear EX7300 Questions

I have a couple of questions regarding the EX7300(v2).

1. Does this extender support all routers/modems that aren't NetGear's and would they work as intended? Or is this only compatible with NetGear routers?

2. Does it support Zero Wait DFS? Currently struggeling with my current extender because it doesn't support that. I'm looking to replace my RE650 from TP-Link because I have had so many issues with it. 

Thanks!

- MichealRT

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear EX7300 Questions

i couldn't say if it has zero wait built in. 

I don know the RE650 is a pretty solid extender.

so I can't say if the EX7300 would function any better than the RE650.

I'd try switching off the dfs channels. If you're in an area with frequent DFS usage, it might not be a reasonable option to use. 

The good think is the 5ghz doesn't broadcast as far or through as much materials so even in apartment/condo living, its still pretty efficient and usable. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@MichealRT wrote:

1. Does this extender support all routers/modems that aren't NetGear's and would they work as intended?----For the most part yes. Some mesh routers it most extenders have issues with. Like the G3100 from verizon. Its been locked to its own extenders. So its not a all or nothing thing.  Or is this only compatible with NetGear routers?----for the most part, it works with most all routers. Its just the mesh ones and poorly coded ones that cause issues. 

2. Does it support Zero Wait DFS? Currently struggeling with my current extender because it doesn't support that. I'm looking to replace my RE650 from TP-Link because I have had so many issues with it. ----Zero wait dfs is part of how DFS devices are supposed to function. If a devices supports dfs, it should work fine on DFS. But if you're in an area with frequent broadcasts on dfs, it might not be a good frequency to use. 

Thanks!

- MichealRT

Message 2 of 4
MichealRT
Initiate

@plemans wrote:

@MichealRT wrote:

1. Does this extender support all routers/modems that aren't NetGear's and would they work as intended?----For the most part yes. Some mesh routers it most extenders have issues with. Like the G3100 from verizon. Its been locked to its own extenders. So its not a all or nothing thing.  Or is this only compatible with NetGear routers?----for the most part, it works with most all routers. Its just the mesh ones and poorly coded ones that cause issues. 

2. Does it support Zero Wait DFS? Currently struggeling with my current extender because it doesn't support that. I'm looking to replace my RE650 from TP-Link because I have had so many issues with it. ----Zero wait dfs is part of how DFS devices are supposed to function. If a devices supports dfs, it should work fine on DFS. But if you're in an area with frequent broadcasts on dfs, it might not be a good frequency to use. 

Thanks!

- MichealRT

I have contacted TP-Link support regarding the support of Zero Wait DFS on the RE650 extender. They said that it doesn't support Zero Wait DFS but it does support DFS? So, is the EX7300 a good option or should I look into something else? My RE650 does work with the modem from my provider.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

i couldn't say if it has zero wait built in. 

I don know the RE650 is a pretty solid extender.

so I can't say if the EX7300 would function any better than the RE650.

I'd try switching off the dfs channels. If you're in an area with frequent DFS usage, it might not be a reasonable option to use. 

The good think is the 5ghz doesn't broadcast as far or through as much materials so even in apartment/condo living, its still pretty efficient and usable. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7