× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear EX7700 Not connecting to router

JohnHull
Follower

Netgear EX7700 Not connecting to router

The extender was unplugged (unpowered) for 2 days. Since plugging back in, it will not reconnect properly to the network.

I have 2 LED’s lit (Client Link and WPS) but the router link LED is not connecting.

I have reset the EX7700 3 times.

The router is less than 5 metres away in an open plan room, with nothing to cause interference. It also connects fine to other Wi-fi devices in the house.

The extender has connected once to the router, amongst all my resets and trying. However, it dropped the connection after less than 5 mins and, since leaving for a further 20mins, still will not reconnect.

Any help of does it need to go in the bin!!???
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
DavidRC
Apprentice

Some of us have had connection problems with the latest firmware (.210) and found that going back to the previous firmware solved these connection problems, but that has mainly been with mobile and tablets connecting to the extender and not the extender connecting to the router. You could check if the extender has the .210 firmware.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/EX7700-Firmware-210/m-p/1972650/high...

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

What router are you connecting to? 

Are you trying to connect to the router using wps or using the installation assistant? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7