× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Ex6120 connected no internet

shaunO
Follower

Netgear Ex6120 connected no internet

Hi guys new here can anyone help please

I bought a few months ago a Netgear EX6120, set up was easy & it worked great up to this week . all of a sudden devises are just disconnecting from it.

So what happens is my mobile phone & pc will say obtaining ip address when trying to connect then it will say( connected no internet ) but my echo dot is connected to the ex6120 at the same time & its playing music  ??

On other points some times devices that wont connect to 5G_ext but will connect to 2.4G_ext on ex6120 . I have done 3 resets of the device, I have checked in my Virgin router for connected devices & the ex6120 is connected signal good & speed is 128mbps.

If I power off the extender & power back on all is fine for a little while then back to the same place . 

My phone could be connected workin fine but partners will so (connected no internet) ??

i also have reset the home Virgin router just to make sure.

Greatful for any help Thanks in advance 

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Ex6120 connected no internet

Hi shaunO,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the extender. Please try to reinstall or downgrade the firmware and see if it resolves the issue. Please go to this link https://kb.netgear.com/000061572/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-WiFi-Extender

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
LCA43
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I have the firmware link, but can't login to my extender because of no internet, so how do I download the new firmware? my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port.

Message 3 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @LCA43,

Our support team is looking into this issue and would like to work with you

I would like to endorse you to NETGEAR Level 2 support team for a callback. Please provide the following information:

Name:

Email:

Phone:

Preferred schedule (at least 2 days ahead)

Timezone:

Device S/N:

Alternatively, if you wish to be contacted via email only then kindly include your preferred email address.

I am looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7