× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Extender not connecting to Samsung smart TV.

gnewton2211
Follower

Netgear Extender not connecting to Samsung smart TV.

AC 1200 Model EX 6100. 4 green lights on extender and option to connect to _2GEXT on the TV screen in network settings but does not allow me to connect. I keep having to revert to the original wifi option. 

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What router are you connecting it to? 

What firmware is on the extender? 

What method of setup are you using on the extender? WPS or the installation wizard?

Message 2 of 4

@gnewton2211 wrote:

AC 1200 Model EX 6100. 4 green lights on extender and option to connect to _2GEXT on the TV screen in network settings but does not allow me to connect.

It helps to think about this the other way round. The Samsung TV connects to the extender, not the other way round, as in your subject.

Connecting a TV to the network is usually best done through the TV's controls and set up routine. The router rarely does much more than spit out the wifi signal. It is then down to the TV to do its thing.

I have tried several Samsung smart devices. They make life difficult.

Can you explain what this bit means:

@gnewton2211 wrote:

...on the TV screen in network settings but does not allow me to connect.

Is that the TV's network connection utility? And what do you mean by "does not allow me to connect"? You get some sort of error message? Something else?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@gnewton2211 wrote:

AC 1200 Model EX 6100. 4 green lights on extender and option to connect to _2GEXT on the TV screen in network settings but does not allow me to connect

This _2GEXT is part of a network name like YOURROUTERWIRELESS_2GEXT or does show up just like _2GEXT ? In the later case, it looks like the extender was never properly configured and associated to your primary wireless router. The network name and the security config is typically taken from the primary router wireless.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7