× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Extender

PhilipKong
Aspirant

Netgear Extender

Hi, Just wondering if any mate here experienced the wifi range 2.4Ghz disappearing just after the latest firmware updated with only 5Ghz stay there as mine was appeared of such! No matter what I done such as factory restore the unit by pin punched or at setup side, none successful resume normal! WEIRD

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Extender

the EX7000 had an update to runction as a mesh extender. meaning it uses the same ssid as the router. 

did you set it up with that running (it will if setup using wps)

Message 2 of 5
PhilipKong
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply! Actually, I forgotten if I had that updates in place but very frustrated myself for missing the 2.4Ghz (signal on front panel also not lite, just 5Ghz)! Frankly, the EX7000 unit is not MESH machine right? So, just wondering and seek any apprachable possible to get it resume it function lol!!!

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Which version of the firmware are you on? 

the 1.0.1.78 version recieved the update to support mesh. 

Are you using it with fastlane? 

What does the status page on the extender show? (screen snip it)

Is the 2.4ghz led light off? 

Message 4 of 5
PhilipKong
Aspirant

Hmmm. I have to check the version then share to you later on today, besides I forgotten if I had configured the extender for using with FastLane. But in anyway, I'll check it out and let you know soonest, and very much appreciations to your pointing out of that savor 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7