× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Mesh AX1600 EAX12 loses wifi connection

Korben77
Aspirant

Netgear Mesh AX1600 EAX12 loses wifi connection

Hello,

I'm using a EAX12 as a AP in a bedroom and it is plugged into a RAX75 router. I have a laptop, tv, and Oculus Quest hooked up to it. Everything seems to work fine but than on the pc I get a security certificate error that Nord VPN can not get a secure connection and options to trust or do not trust. Also on the pc it seems to drop connection randomly until I disconnect and reconnect. On the TV everything seems fine but than I get a Netgear log in screen pop up and if I refresh or just continue after a bit of time it disconnects. Please help its driving me nuts!

Thanks

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Korben77
Aspirant

Negative I have removed VPN from both TV and PC once I started to have the issue. You are correct that that would be the common fact between the two. Also VPN is running on a TV and multiple PC's that are connected to the router WIFI but not the two connected to the AP as of now. Sorry this is very flustering. I have been dealing with this for some time now and have had many people try to help with no answer.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway is the rax connected to? 

You're using nord vpn? 

What is that installed on? each individual device or through a central router? 

Message 2 of 8
Korben77
Aspirant

Hello,

It is hooked up to a RAX75 router and Nord Vpn is on a PC and TV not the Oculus.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

So only the devices using nord vpn are having an issue? 

Do they have issues if you disable nord vpn? 

Did you install the extender using wps (push button) or using the installation assistant?

what modem/gateway is your RAX75 router connected to?

Message 4 of 8
Korben77
Aspirant

I'm using a EAX12 as a AP in a bedroom and it is plugged into a RAX75 router. Nothing is running the vpn because it cant. Because of the issue I'm having explained in my post. Also in the post I explain that it is HARD wired in to the router. So no need for wps. Also  the pc and tv are wireless connected with password. 

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Korben77 wrote:

I'm using a EAX12 as a AP in a bedroom and it is plugged into a RAX75 router. Nothing is running the vpn because it cant. Because of the issue I'm having explained in my post. Also in the post I explain that it is HARD wired in to the router.----You did. But that router is still connected to something. That could be a modem. it could be an ONT. It could be a wireless receiver from a broadcast provider. But its getting internet from somewhere as the RAX has no modem capability. So what gateway is it connected to?  So no need for wps.----it still needs setup. Whether you hit the wps button and caused issues during setup or ran it through the assistant. It can be done wrong. Its why we ask because we do see it done wrong on the support forum.  Also  the pc and tv are wireless connected with password. 

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

I also realize nothing is running the vpn. But you have it installed (evidently from your post) on 2 devices. 

And those 2 devices are the ones you're reporting issues with. Coincidence? 

Message 7 of 8
Korben77
Aspirant

Negative I have removed VPN from both TV and PC once I started to have the issue. You are correct that that would be the common fact between the two. Also VPN is running on a TV and multiple PC's that are connected to the router WIFI but not the two connected to the AP as of now. Sorry this is very flustering. I have been dealing with this for some time now and have had many people try to help with no answer.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7