× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear NightHawk 6000 - Slow loading when resetting my computer

Hammer955
Aspirant

Netgear NightHawk 6000 - Slow loading when resetting my computer

I installed the NightHawk 6 about one year ago and whenever I reset my computer, the last thing to load is the Netgear product and it takes sometimes 5-8 minutes to complete the process of loading fully on my computer. Is this normal? Is there a fix?

Model: EX6000|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Hammer955,

Do you mean to say that when you turn on EX6000, it takes 5-8 minutes to turn on and get ready?

Message 2 of 6
Hammer955
Aspirant

No! I leave the Netgear on and running continuously! The problem is that when i reset my computer(iMac), the programs that i have on my Mac load first which takes a couple minutes and then the Netgear loads last and it is the 5-8 minutes during the Netgear loading process...very slow!

Message 3 of 6
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Hammer955,

Could you please explain in detail about what you refer to "Netgear loads"?

Message 4 of 6
Hammer955
Aspirant

When I reset my computer or turn it off and turn it back on then all my programs reload back onto the computer screen.

Message 5 of 6
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Hi @Hammer955,

So, do you have a Netgear application on your PC like Genie which takes time to load?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7