× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X6S problem with new firmware

EndP0int_17
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk X6S problem with new firmware

Hello, 

I had a problem setting up the setting through "Wifi extender mode" with my netgear nighthawk X6S: Hardware Version: EX8000: Firmware Version: V1.0.1.206. I tried to change the IP address of my netgear extender, "Setting - Wireless - IP address", from 192.168.1.250 to 192.168.1.4 and, Also I tried to connect to WIFI, any setting I changed but I kept getting an error message "400 bad request". I tried 4 different browsers and still getting the same error message. I think extnder firmware V1.0.1.206. is buggy firmware through "WIFI extender mode" because I had no problem setting up the setting, "Wifi extender mode", through my iphone "Netgear Nighthawk" app. And also I had no problem setting up the Setting through "Access Mode". 

My main router is Netgear Nighthawk R8000p with Firmware Version V1.4.1.50_1.3.10. 

Any help from you guys is appreciated, thanks.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
jat24788
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6S problem with new firmware

I am having the same constant isssue of error message "400 Bad Request!" when trying to set, change/update settings with Firmware Version 1.0.1.206 on the EX8000 Extender model.

I had to downgrade the Firmware back to Firmware Version 1.0.1.202 in order to resolve that specific error issue and turn off "Auto Update Firmware" option (which I hate to do for security purposes). The newest firmware version 206 is not stable and needs to be updated/fixed by Netgear imo. Multiple different browsers, with caches cleared etc, on multiple devices (PCs, iPhones etc) along with multiple factory resets and even a reflash of a verified firmware 206 version did not resolve the issues with the error message "400 Bad Request!". Setup/Changes were attempted through the browser dashboard as well as the lastest Netgear Nighthawk iOS App to no avail.

Netgear, can you please make this right? I'll provide logs etc as needed.

Additional info - my router is a Netgear Nighthawk RAX200 on the latest Firmware V1.0.2.98_1.0.54

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7