× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear WN3000RP help

Geral
Novice

Netgear WN3000RP help

Hey guys

Today I bought a WN3000RP extender to extend Internet in my house I followed all the instructions and can connect to it with my laptop but says no Internet activity even though it says it's connect and has full reception so to speak and it won't let me open up or search any web pages therefore I can't get onto "mywifiext.net" it just tells me I have no Internet access but I am connected to it. I have also tried to connect to the site using the default IP address or whatever it was in the manual but didn't work.
If anyone can please help me I'm not great with computers so please answer in easy to understand language if you can and step by step ways to fix thank you..
Message 1 of 9
audio_engr
Follower

Hi

I bought the same product a few days back too. The installation was super easy. Few things at first ...
( 1 ) make sure your laptop is connected to WiFi before you proceed with the installation of the WN3000RP
( 2 ) Plug-in the 3000RP to a wall socket and wait for the lights to get steady.
( 3 ) Plug-in an Ethernet cable into the ethernet port of the 3000RP and your laptop.
( 4 ) Open a browser and type in www.mywifiext.net & then Login: admin password: password
( 5 ) Work your way from there once you get into the GUI
Message 2 of 9
Geral
Novice

Hi thanks for your reply it got me one step further and let me configure it but when I connect to my wireless broadband from laptop e.g. Bigpond6393820_EXT
It still says its connected but no Internet access, am I doing something wrong? Please help 😞
Message 3 of 9
Geral
Novice

Never mind I got it working thank you so much for your help ! 🙂
Message 4 of 9
pcorliss
Novice

Could you explain how you got it working? I believe I have the same problem.
Message 5 of 9
Tranquility
Aspirant

Me too, I changed my ISPand got a new modem/router then tried to get my Netgear WN3000RP to extend the signal and - - - - - - - problems with authenticating - I have tried every combination of password/pin/key and still it will not function. Please don't refer me to '.vpncasestudy.com)
Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study' unless it specifically deals with my problem. Thanks -I even tried a 29 character security key found in the properties of the blasted 3000RP. I could swear it smiled when I hit enter and it just returned with a blank. Grrrrrrrrr :mad:
Message 6 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

No one told you go and read VPN setup
Message 7 of 9
Tranquility
Aspirant

Which bit?

Has anyone else got guidance in simple English please?
Message 8 of 9
Tranquility
Aspirant

Still no go
State of play:
Modem (technicolour) all green lights
Extender joined after going through the WPS sequence has 3 green lights - the only light out is the PC to extender

When I try to connect to the extender which my mobile and tablet sees it asks for WPA/WPA2 PSK
I have tried the WPS pin from the back of the extender, the wireless key for the main modem, and the wireless pin from the main modem. No go. What is it looking for?
Help :confused:
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7