× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear WN3000RP wont connect to website.

RogerBristol
Aspirant

Netgear WN3000RP wont connect to website.

My Ipad and Mobile recognise the extender in settings with a "tick" but will not open a website. Have manually entered the DHCP settings for the extender and router but makes no difference.  Have double checked by first placing the extender close to the router.  Extender has previously worked until I had to re-start my BT router.  Grateful for any ideas

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
RogerBristol
Aspirant

Re: Netgear WN3000RP wont connect to website.

At last. Switching off the power sockets at the control box for 10 seconds has worked.  Recently, had been trying to link the wifi facility on a new TV recorder to the extender. Perhaps that was the interference.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

did you try resetting the wn3000rp and re-doing your setup? Mabye something was corrupted when rebooting the BT device. BT isn't known to be the best device 😞

Message 2 of 10
KevinJ_K
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RogerBristol,

Thank you for the message. Here is a link to the WN3000RP Frequnetly Asked Questions KB article:

https://kb.netgear.com/19070/WN3000RP-FAQs

You might also want to try and reset the extender. This can be accomplished by inserting a paper clip in the reset hole on the back of the unit and hold it until the extender status LED flashes amber.

Regards,

Kevin K., NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 10
RogerBristol
Aspirant

Thanks Kevin. Meant to say had tried a factory re-set as you describe but no change.  Will go to the FAQs.

Message 4 of 10
plemans
Guru

Did you do setup with wps or the installation wizard? 

Try the install wizard instead of wps 

Message 5 of 10
RogerBristol
Aspirant

Both, wps has always worked (BTHub 6) but also tried the installation procedure.  Immediately told me I was successful, but still wont open a website. I have no problem using the router direct.

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

did you try adding the extender mac address or setting a static route to the bt hub? 

Message 7 of 10
RogerBristol
Aspirant

Me again.  Yes, understand how to set a static route manually, in my case in an Ipad.  Which IP address do I insert, is this the Ipad IP or the extender IP?  I know my router IP address.  Is the subnet always 255.255.255.0 ?   

Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

also, from looking at BT hub website, they recommend turning off smart setup to add extenders.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Netgear-extenders-won-t-connect-to-internet/td-...

Message 9 of 10
RogerBristol
Aspirant

At last. Switching off the power sockets at the control box for 10 seconds has worked.  Recently, had been trying to link the wifi facility on a new TV recorder to the extender. Perhaps that was the interference.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7