× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Warranty Sucks!!

EdLove101
Aspirant

Netgear Warranty Sucks!!

To all Future Netgear purchasers be warn when buying a product from these people. If the product goes out after 3 months (like me), Netgear does not care. This company would tell you to throw away and buy a new one. I was gifted a Netgear Orbi Rbr10, included is a orbi router and two satellites. A couple of days ago (shy of 3 months) one of the satellites did not respond and it will blink red. I called the customer service to help fix. We could not fix it. In the end, customer service rep. tells me if I can not give him the exact purchase date and place they can not help me. I have no idea the person who gifted me this product. Netgear Co. only wants you to buy their product and if something happens to it you are on your own. I will be posting these type of reviews everywhere I can about this product and Netgear. BEWARE!!!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

I can't fault a company for requiring proof of purchase before warranting a product. 

Do I have issues with some of their support/warranty practices? Yes. I sure do. 

But having a proof of purchase isn't abnormal or unexpected. Its industry standard. 

The benefit is there is the community forum here that has free advice/help.

A few more details might help. 

1. what firmware is on the router? 

2. what gateway is it connected to? 

3. what was done to try to fix the router? 

4. plus any other pertinent details like what caused the issue, what was being done, etc. 

Message 2 of 3
EdLove101
Aspirant

Thank you for the help, but I tried everything to fix it. I will continue to write the experience I had with this company any chance I get. I wrote 4 yesterday and I am going to look at every store to write a review. I have been calling everyone who gave me a gift to find out the date and store to no avail. I don’t think it’s fair to the person who gifted me an expensive present to malfunction in 3 months. I have the package and product with me. Now, I’ll inform future buyers to think twice on buying Netgear products. I am on the computer all day (job), so I have lots of opportunities to do so. I will not stop. Again, thank you for your help.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7