× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear ac1200 ex6110

Cashiee
Aspirant

Netgear ac1200 ex6110

Ok how do I make my Netgear router use a different ip then 192.168.1.1 when I run tbe setup. It's a wireless extender
Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear ac1200 ex6110

@Cashiee wrote:
Ok how do I make my Netgear router use a different ip then 192.168.1.1 when I run the setup. It's a wireless extender

The IP address is managed by the router in front of the EX6110.

If you want the router to see a set IP address on the extender you have two options: reserve an IP address on your unnamed router; tell the router to use a "Static IP Address".

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Set Up the Extender to Use a Static IP Address.

I'd start, though, with asking why I'd want to do that. There may be other ways of getting there.

Message 2 of 4
Cashiee
Aspirant

Need to do this because the box my internet provider gave me already is useing 192.168.1.1 and can not be changed on there box and when I set up this extender it's trying to take the same IP so I need to change it so it works properly
Message 3 of 4

@Cashiee wrote:
Need to do this because the box my internet provider gave me already is useing 192.168.1.1 and can not be changed on there box and when I set up this extender it's trying to take the same IP so I need to change it so it works properly

Go back to my first answer. Your extender gets its IP address from your router, the unnamed "box" your internet provider gave you.

Going back up the food chain, your router, with its 192.168.1.1 address, is probably connected to a modem. What is that.

Again, like the "box", what is the make and model?

Why are you trying to change the IP address on the extender/ What problem are you trying to fix?

Forget about your idea of the solution, start with the problem you are trying to fix.

And provide the details of the rest of the equipment on our network.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7