× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear extender 2700 cant use

Jalapeño
Aspirant

Netgear extender 2700 cant use

I have installed the extender and it is showing as a available WiFi in my settings. When I try and access it a page asks me to log in to a previous account which I have never had.  If I ask for password and username help it ask security questions.  Which obviously I don’t know the answer to because I have never had an account. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear extender 2700 cant use

Try the defaults. 

Login is admin

password is password

If these don't work and you don't know the security questions, then factory reset the device. This will reload all the defaults including login and password. To reset, hold the reset button (while plugged in and turned on) for 7-10 seconds until the lights change/blink. Then follow the install guide. here's your support page. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX2700.aspx

Message 2 of 4
Jalapeño
Aspirant

Re: Netgear extender 2700 wont accept password

Hi

i have managed to connect my extender to my router but when I try and link via my IPad it will not accept my existing WiFi password, as the instructions say it should. I have tried resetting the factory setting and this makes no difference.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear extender 2700 wont accept password

Did you try manually logging into the extender to change the extenders wifi ssid and password?

hardwire into it, go to mywifiext.net, login with your default info (admin/password) or whatever you setup for login info, and then change the ssid info from there. Even if you think its the same, change it. don't use special characters for the password. 

What firmware is your extender on?

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX2700.aspx

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7