× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear extender EX2700 doesn't connect to DSL router DLink D2750

unnidnair
Aspirant

Netgear extender EX2700 doesn't connect to DSL router DLink D2750

Hi

I am trying to extend my DLink DSL-2750U using EX2700.  The modem's WiFi is not listed when I tried to run Netgear genie at http://mywifiext.net, but the modem's WiFi is connecting to all other devices except to the extender.

I tried scanning the network using Netgear's WiFi Analytics app, and WiFi Analyzer from play store - I can clearly see the router DSL-D2750U listed as 2.4 GHz signal.

Extender's version is also latest (1.0.1.10) . I also tried manually inputting the Wireless configuration, but it says it cant connect to the router

My modem/router DLink DSL-D2750U is on WPA2 Mixed mode (I tried WPA2 AES and TKIP as well with no luck). Again, it connects to literally all other devices. Band configured is 2.4 GHz B+G+N with channel width 20/40 MHz.

I am running out of ideas, any help is appreciated

Thanks

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear extender EX2700 doesn't connect to DSL router DLink D2750

Hello unnidnair

Only thing I could suggest is trying different channels for the 2.4 and seeing if the extender sees one of them.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7