× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear extenders

ecrivellin
Initiate

Netgear extenders

I bought 2 wifi netgear extenders ( WN 1000 RP and EX 6110) and I need to connect directly them to enlarge the wifi wave radius 

The aim is to reach a far corner of my house at larger distance of the maximum radius of only one of the two extenders

Is there any operation to apply in order to reach the goal ?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear extenders

1. What router are you using?

2. Whats your plan for setup?

Star: WN1000RP<-------Router----->EX6110

Daisy chain:  router------>EX6110 ---->WN1000RP    (if you're using daisy chain, go this route as the WN1000rp is a single band device.)

With these types of extenders, I always recommend making sure they have their own individual ssid's (wireless names). This prevents them from trying to connect to each other versus the router. Or if you run in daisy chain, it prevents them from connecting to the router when you're wanting the other device. 

Another option you can look into is fastlane. You could set the EX6110 in fastlane and use the 5ghz radio exlusive for connecting back to the router. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the wifi extender forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Thank you. 

@ecrivellin wrote:

I bought 2 wifi netgear extenders ( WN 1000 RP and EX 6110) and I need to connect directly them to enlarge the wifi wave radius 

The aim is to reach a far corner of my house at larger distance of the maximum radius of only one of the two extenders

Is there any operation to apply in order to reach the goal ?

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please post about this in the wifi extender forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/bd-p/home-wifi-range-extenders

Why??

There's lots of discussion here with how the Orbi works or does not work with extenders.

Message 4 of 5
ecrivellin
Initiate

Thanks a lot for the prompt and exhaustive answers

Your support has allowed me to solve the issue

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo