× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear's Customer Service is egregiously terrible

NeverGear
Follower

Netgear's Customer Service is egregiously terrible

I purchased an AC1200 EX6200 extender about 1.5 years ago. It suddenly stopped being able to connect to *some* but not all websites. I tried contacting Netgear customer service... and it was just terrible. The operator couldn't help me troubleshoot beyond the obvious basics I'd already tried several times (power cycling and factory resetting both my AT&T router and the Netgear extender).

I was then told my product's 90 day warranty had expired, and I'd have to pay for further technical support. It would cost me more for technical support than to simply buy a new f**king device. And further, because I'd purchased the device over 1 year ago, it is apparently inelligible for free replacement.

I spent several more days troubleshooting, including having an AT&T serviceperson try to correct the issue, even replacing the AT&T router with a brand new one to rule it out as the culprit. Nothing worked; the problem is with the extender, which:

- Fails to connect to about 50% of the websites I've tried, consistently across all devices, with server erros as if the DNS can't be resolved

- Fails to DHCP lease proper IP addresses to all devices (using the 169.245.x.x range instead of the intended/standard 192.168.x.x range)

- Fails to make a connection when I try to access the mywifiext.net admin/genie website, even when I'm standing right next to the extender

This is a major fail. I will never buy your products again. I can't believe I paid over $100 for a device that simply stopped working in under 2 years. But I'm even more outraged at your horrible lack of responsibility to your customers and garbage tech support. It's practically fraud or false advertising, and you should be ashamed.

Model: EX6920|AC1200-WiFi Range Extenders
Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear's Customer Service is egregiously terrible

Hi @NeverGear,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Eldrod
Tutor

Re: Netgear's Customer Service is egregiously terrible

I concur 100%!  While I am still in my 90 days, the support is just as horrible.  Initially, I was impressed with the setup and functioning of my R6700 and EX7000, but after a few days, I began to get intermittent connectivity where devices that could connect were no longer able to connect later in the day.  I called Tech Support to get help and the tech just factory reset the router without listening to the problem, then told me that I needed to contact the device manufacturers for any devices that wouldn't connect.  I asked for a higher level technician, but just got the level one script jive to the point I finally had to tell her, I'd just fix it myself and hung up.  I got the router and extenders reconfigured and reactivated the One Wifi on the EX7000, but this morning devices ramdomly can't connect again. I think the lastest firmware and the One Wifi are screwed up, so I'll be downgrading it today to see if that works. 

But agree on the terrible support!  I can't imaging paying a penny for support after 90 days...in fact, I probably won't bother calling for anything during support either since I know the only tool in their toolbag -- factory reset.... 

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7