Netgear should consider people who use Wifi Extenders in AirBNB and Hotels

dotbloup
Follower

Netgear should consider people who use Wifi Extenders in AirBNB and Hotels

I possess a Netgear EAX15 Wifi Extender. I have 2 smartphones and 2 PC laptops. I travel a lot and I stay in many different AirBNB's and hotel rooms. 

The EAX15 wifi extender is very useful because in hotels, the Wifi signal is often not strong enough to cover the whole hotel room. So, I plug the wifi extender in bathroom or near the entrance of the hotel room, to boost the wifi signal. 

In AirBNB's, there is always only one router for the accommodation and it is not enough. The Wifi signal is not strong enough to cover the whole. 

Consequently, in my luggage, I always keep the EAX15 with me. In worst case scenario, I can also use it as access point to replace a bad router. 

So I would like to avoid having to set up my 2 smartphones and 2 laptop PC's internet wifi every time I move to a new AirBNB or hotel room.

Right now, it is not easy. So, here is what I do. So let's imagine that I have already set up the wifi extender once.

After moving to a new accommodation (airbnb, hotel), i plug the wifi extender, Then, my pc laptop picks up the wifi extender network of my netgear EAX15 that I have already set up. I visit 192.168.1.250, then, my EAX scans the surrounding Wifi networks, I choose the wifi network of the airbnb or hotel room, then, I must re enter the current extended wifi network name and the current password of this wifi network, and the security protocole. 

But wait, the extended network is already set up and also recognized by all the clients. Since I am already connected to an extended wifi network, this last step in italic is not needed. I wish that I could set up the extended wifi network once (with password and security protocole) and then, I would only need to enter the password of the wifi channel of the source. 

Otherwise, if I start from scratch, i will need to enter the password of the wifi channel 4 times (in my 2 smartphones and 2 pc laptops). I would prefer to enter the Wifi password of the source only once in the Wifi extender.

I feel like your engineering and your marketing talents didn't consider this use of Netgear WiFi extenders. Too bad!

If somebody knows a better way to set up my Wifi extender everytime I move....

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E