× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear support wants to shake me down for money...

Taco_Nights
Follower

Netgear support wants to shake me down for money...

SO my extender has begun to stop issuing IP addresses to equipment that leaves the coverage area after they return. Laptops, phones, whatever. It's been progressivley worse for about a month now. It rquires a reboot of the router, then all works great. Until I have to leave the house. 

I'm computer literate, been doing this for decades. Not a thing wrong with the settings. They've not changed since it was installed 10 months ago. And no one else has access to it, so not like some monkey got a hold of it. 

I've reset the router several times. I've updated to the current firmware. Gone though menu after menu a dozen times. It's a simple product that has just died. 

But Netgear support wont issue me an RMA number without doing a hardware test. They won't perform the "hardware test" without me purchasing support since it's been after 90 days. I'm not coughing up more money to you Netgear. I already bought your product (and the last one I'll be buying at that.) Why offer a year warranty if you have to pay more for support, to be able to return it. 

I'm furious with these guys. I will make sure to never purchase any of their products again, and damn sure I let anyone asking for recommendations that they stay away from them as well. This is unacceptable. What a scam. 

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
homey57
Initiate

Re: Netgear support wants to shake me down for money...

I AGREE, HAD TO BUY TWO MORE NEW PRODUCTS BECAUSE OLDER MODELS STOPPED WORKING.  CALLED AFTER NINETY DAYS FOR NEW MODELS PURCHASED AND THEY COULD NOT EVEN ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS WITHOUT DEMANDING A FEE.   REALLY?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7