× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear wifi extender 6400ex

ScottS88
Follower

Netgear wifi extender 6400ex

We have a standard router from Armstrong Cable and use netgear wifi extender 6400 ex.

The extender does not give us enough range outside.

I am locating my home office to another building on our property; about 300 feet away from router.

Is there a extender that I should buy that will sufficiently cover the new location?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear wifi extender 6400ex

@ScottS88 wrote:

We have a standard router from Armstrong Cable and use netgear wifi extender 6400 ex.

The extender does not give us enough range outside.

I am locating my home office to another building on our property; about 300 feet away from router.

Is there a extender that I should buy that will sufficiently cover the new location?

300ft is to far for a standard wireless device. Its even the max distance ethernet is rated to. 

You'd want something like a point to point system. you can search amazon for them or netgear has a version called airbridge

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/wireless/wireless-airbridge/wbc502.aspx

if you do somethingg like this though, I'd recommend connecting the airbridge/point-point system directly to the router and not through the range extender. Range extenders drop throughput and increase latency by the very nature of how they work. Its best to start off with the best possible connection. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7