× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear wifi extender wn3000rpv3 - completely lost

Alfiemama
Aspirant

Netgear wifi extender wn3000rpv3 - completely lost

I bought the Netgear extender a while ago - to be honest I couldn't get it to work and became so frustrated I gave up. 

My daft husband tried to set it up and failed - and now can't remember password details and hasn't got access to the email anymore.  Anyway fast forward to now and I cannot get this to work. I have tried a factory reset but it still comes up the wifi with ext on the end but doesn't recognise any password - I have even tried admin and password. 

I am desperate to get this thing sorted as I have a son with autism who is becoming increasingly more upset by the wifi (which sad as it is, is his world) please please can someone help me get to grips with this thing. 

TIA 

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear wifi extender wn3000rpv3 - completely lost

when factory resetting the device make sure to hold the reset button for 10+ seconds  this should clear any old settings. But if you are seeing it as a network you may want to try the password as your main router and see if that works.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Alfiemama
Aspirant

Re: Netgear wifi extender wn3000rpv3 - completely lost

Thanks Darren,  sorry for the delay, I will try that now

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation