× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nethawk extender

vgharris65
Aspirant

Nethawk extender

i have a new netgear nighthawk router and i need to know how to connect my old nighthawk extender to my new router

Message 1 of 4

Re: Nethawk extender

@vgharris65 wrote:

i have a new netgear nighthawk router and i need to know how to connect my old nighthawk extender to my new router

Which Nighthawk Router? Which Nighthawk Extender? Does a WiFi Adapter, the subject of this section, have anything to do with it?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model numbers and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Message 2 of 4
vgharris65
Aspirant

I have the nighthawk x4 WiFi mesh extender smart roaming ac2200 and the nighthawk ac1900 smart WiFi router. It's a new router and a old extender and I cannot get it to communicate. The extender needs the new password for the new router and I have no idea how to do that. The app is no help. 

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 3 of 4

@vgharris65 wrote:

I have the nighthawk x4 WiFi mesh extender smart roaming ac2200 and the nighthawk ac1900 smart WiFi router.

AC1900 smart WiFi router is not a Netgear model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

@vgharris65 wrote:

The extender needs the new password for the new router and I have no idea how to do that.

The default passwords are on the device.

At this stage, I can't add much more than I put in the previous message.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model numbers and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the router's model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

The one for the EX7300 explains how to use WPS to get around the need for entering passwords.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7