× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network Bridge

Paulie_Paul
Follower

Network Bridge

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is a simple question or that I'm being a bit stupid.  Quick description of what I am trying to do.  Covid times has meant at lot of working from home, which has led to me setting up an office at the end of the garden in an out building.  Wifi, terrible.  So I have laid a network cable from the out building into the rear of the house. I have placed a range extender on the cable in the out building to give me wireless access.  At the other end of the cable I have placed a wireless bridge to link up to the router in the front of the house.  So the chain from the main router is, wireless connection to the bridge, cabled connection to the wireless extender.  For the life of me I can not get this setup to work, well certainly not working in a stabalised manner.  Am I missing something obvious here?  Any thoughts would be most welcome as I'm going a bit crazy.

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Network Bridge

Theoretically it sounds like it should work. But we're missing deails. 

1. what router do you have? 

2. what wireless bridge are you using? 

3. what extender are you using? 

I'd also advise checking each step in the process.

• Setup your wireless bridge--Does it work?
  • connect the ethernet wire to it that runs to the outbuilding. does it work?
  • Connect the extender. (make sure its in access point mode if hardwired in). Are you able to log in and access/using it? 

So some details of what your actual setup is and what step is failing in the process is key. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7