× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Network Setup Issues

Dasde
Follower

New Network Setup Issues

Last week my wife and I decided to finally ditch all the standard Xfinity equipment and got our own and made the attempt to setup our first, all Netgear, network. 

Here's the setup...

Cable goes into my office into a Nighthawk CM1150V Cable Modem with voice which feeds directly into a Nighthawk X4S AC2600 router, my desktop PC is plugged via Ethernet straight into the router.

In my wife's office in the front of the house we have an EX6200v2 AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender that has both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. Her desktop PC is plugged via Ethernet straight into the extender. 

On the opposite end of the house from my office is my son's room where we also have another EX6200v2 AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender that has both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. His desktop PC and his PS4 both plug into the exteder via Ethernet. 

The Ethernet cables for everything are Cat-8's and are brand new. I set everything up just using the standard setup via the mwifiext.net and logging into the proper connection. I made sure all the devices have the current firmware. However, the problem we are having is randomly either my wife or my son and once two days ago both, ran into where their devices were not connecting to the internet with an error stating Ethernet cannot find IP address even though everything was connected and I could see them connected on the Nighthawk App and through logging into the router. 

I've tried bouncing both the extenders off of the router at the same time, my wife gets about 65% to 70% strength and my son gets about 62% to 65% strength. I've tried bouncing my wife's extender off the router and then my son's extender off my wife's extender. I've tried labeling all the SSID's the same as the main network and I've tried labeling them all separately. 

However, regardless we keep running into the same issue. 

Just curious if I'm doing something wrong? Am I suppose to go in manually and adjust anything to the modem, router, and/or extenders? Am I supposed to give them static addresses? I'm a rookie at that...

Side note our other devices when we are using them such as tablets, our phones, laptops have no issues; even when moving from one zone in the house to the other. 

I appreciate any help and any advice in advance!

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Model: EX6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7