× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Virgin Media Hub - The EX2700 connects to wifi and works but is not protected

AprilB
Aspirant

New Virgin Media Hub - The EX2700 connects to wifi and works but is not protected

Hi I have recently had a new Virgin media Hub, was able to get the EX2700 connected to the wifi and it works but it is not protected! When I go to login in to go to the Extender settings the login using Admin as user name and Password as password will not work.  I am trying to do this via a wireless connection as we do not have any wired devices.  Hope this makes sense! I just want to protect the extender.  Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New Virgin Media Hub - The EX2700 connects to wifi and works but is not protected

Hi @AprilB,

1. If the firmware is up to date, during the setup process, the username will be in email address format and the password is the password that you have set for it.

2. If you are unable to remember it, you can reset the extender and refer to page 34 and 35 of the user manual linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX2700/EX2700_UM_EN.pdf

3. You can check page 30 of the user manual linked below for the steps on how to change the extenders admin credentials.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 8
AprilB
Aspirant

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 22.18.15.png

@DexterJBwrote:

Hi @AprilB,

1. If the firmware is up to date, during the setup process, the username will be in email address format and the password is the password that you have set for it.

2. If you are unable to remember it, you can reset the extender and refer to page 34 and 35 of the user manual linked below.

3. You can check page 30 of the user manual linked below for the steps on how to change the extenders admin credentials.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 8
AprilB
Aspirant

Would love to change my password but it is not giving me option to - this is all there is on screen!

Message 4 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AprilB,

If that is the case, then a factory reset mentioned in my previous response can be an option. This will allow you to reconfigure and setup the extender.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AprilB,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 6 of 8
AprilB
Aspirant

Apologies, not had a chance to do this but can I ask can I do this on a wifi connection and not wired?

I have tried this several times before a few months back but still no luck!
Message 7 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AprilB,

Resetting the extender will require you to push the reset button with a pin or a paper clip as instructed on the user manual. If you are asking about setting up the extender, then yes, you can set it up via wireless also using the guide on the user manual.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7