× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New home network

Jecj15
Aspirant

New home network

I recently got a new router at home. I have two of these extenders and they're still associated with my old network. I held the factory reset button, but it's still a part of my old network. How can I completely reset them to work on my new network? 

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: New home network

Uness a technology change does require a change in the wireless config, e.g. because of the new router does support a "one-SSID" feature for all the radios - why on earth not simply reconfigure the new router to use the same network name/SSID and security password/wireless key to the very same as the old router, and all your wireless devices - including the extenders - will continue working, without wasting time to reset and reconfigure things all around your network?

Ref. the factory reset - you need to press the reset button for at least five seconds. Follow the process here -> How to reset my EX3700 / EX3800 to factory default settings  Once reset, you need to configure the extenders from scratch again. Details in the NETGEAR AC750 WiF Range Extender Model EX3700 User Manual  - chapter "Get Started".

Message 2 of 4
Jecj15
Aspirant

I don't know how to reconfigure a new router. I held the reset button for the five seconds, the light blinked, it powered back up, but for some reason it's still associated with the older credentials.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@Jecj15 wrote:

I held the reset button for the five seconds, the light blinked, it powered back up, but for some reason it's still associated with the older credentials.

Try it again, can be longer then a few seconds. Alternate, connect a computer to the extender wireless or Ethernet port, ensure the connection is retained without Internet access just in case, use the login using a Web browser - and I hope you still have the email address (serving as the username here on these devices why ever) and the password configured with the initial set-up at hand.

@Jecj15 wrote:

I don't know how to reconfigure a new router.

That would be a single point of change only - usually there are manuals coming with such products, or one can access the new router using a Web browser, login (typically default credentials).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7