× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Newest firmware slowed down my WN3000rp

axess2016
Aspirant

Newest firmware slowed down my WN3000rp

I just downloaded the newest firmware to my wn3000rp extender.

Watching the status, my connection was 40mbps before the update, then went to 11-14mbps after the updated firmware was installed. What happened?? Is this a bad firmware that has issues?

New Firmware version : V1.0.2.64_1.1.86

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. This is disheartening.
:confused : 😞
Message 1 of 4
axess2016
Aspirant

No one? Anyone??

Anyways, I have to put the WN3000rp in my window to get the signal from my neighbor's wifi. I DO have permission from him since we're friends and I asked first.

His router is about 60-70 feet away. Putting the extender anywhere else will not receive the signal. I'm considering scrapping this thing and getting a more powerful extender from another company. At least one which has a detachable antenna which I can hook up an external antenna I can put either in my window or outside it.

I have plaster and wood walls and my house has a metal roof. I'm sure all of these are problematic to my wifi reception. But, I need some kind of solution here.

Yesterday, we had really lousy weather with rain and a lot of wind. This morning, there is snow on the ground and it's sunny. The signal was extremely slow yesterday, but is faster today. Still not as fast as it was before the rainy day.
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

His router is about 60-70 feet away.

I don't think it will not work due the length.
Message 3 of 4
ragnar_rok
Initiate

axess2016 wrote:
I just downloaded the newest firmware to my wn3000rp extender.

Watching the status, my connection was 40mbps before the update, then went to 11-14mbps after the updated firmware was installed. What happened?? Is this a bad firmware that has issues?

New Firmware version : V1.0.2.64_1.1.86

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. This is disheartening.
:confused : 😞

Are you still having this problem? I bought this extender today, and experienced a speed decline after updating to the same firmware. I went from 10+ mbit to 2 mbit. What I had to do was downgrade to the previous firmware (V1.0.1.36_1.1.47). You can find it here:

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/Disclaimer.aspx?redirecturl=http://netgeardownload.registria.co...[sku]=wn3000rp&download_url=http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN3000RP/WN3000RP_V1.0.1.36_1.1.47.zip

It's a direct download link for the firmware.

Anyways, just saw you got no answers, and I think it's faulty firmware.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7